Triumph Fashion Show 2006
Was in a discussion with big boss the other days regarding some projects. As usual discussion sidetracked quite abit and she started talking about Triumph Fashion Show. She gave us an animated description of last year show (the models and their props and their brazilian wax) and said that she got the ticket for this year show but her son's meet-the-parent session happened to be on the same night. So, in my usual thick-skin way (which is also usually hidden behind the "eagerness to learn and see new things"), I asked for the ticket for the show the following night (btw it's a "by invitation only" event).
The show is actually part of Singapore Fashion Festival and was held at "the tent" at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza. Though it looks like a tent on the outside, the interior makes you feel like you are in a building. I must say the show was really well supported by sponsors and these sponsors really made use of the opportunity to show their stuff. Harper Bazaar had a "Bar Bazaar" at the reception area, while other sponsors also had nice nice displays (too bad I was too paiseh to take my camera out to take a few pics).
The stage was quite cool too with chiffon veils hanging by the side so as the models did their catwalk, they are covered by the translucent veils from time to time, adding to the whole sexy feel. The lingerie itself are not as eye-catching as I thought but later I found out that the in colours for the season is black, white and nude. And alot of emphasis is on the details (lace, stone and all) which I obviously couldn't see without binos.
Anyway, since no taking of photo was allowed during the show (the irony is that there were at least 50 photographers there armed with big cameras and huge lens), I've taken a photo of the goodie bag and catalogue for your viewing pleasure.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home