Ka.lei.do.scope

[k&-'lI-d&-"skOp]
Gk. kalos (beautiful) + eidos (form) + scopos (watcher)

Sunday, December 16, 2007

High School Reunion in HK

Met up with 2 high school classmates here in HK within a week!

CS was in town for a 2-week posting so we met up on Thursday for dinner in Causeway Bay... He's working in a bank as some derivatives & structured products sale... Sounds chim... haha... and it's quite weird seeing him in office attire - the shirt and pants make him look so much more mature and serious... so unlike the CS I know! But well, I guess we've all grown up... even his taste for music has become more "mature" (he bought a music DVD that made my jaw drop)...

The very next day I got an email from JD saying that he's in Shenzhen for business and will be in HK for the weekend... so we met today for dim sum lunch... looks like the business he started when he was in uni is doing well... getting bigger with more deals and more staff under him... at a "ripe old age" of 25!! But I can also feel that he is getting more stressed... he said it's all by choice and well, I totally agree... we sometimes strive for things and in the process life becomes more "difficult", but we still cling on to it coz we believe in it... On a lighter note, after all these years, there is one thing about him that remains unchanged - his subtle sense of humour... catch him doing his cantonese-mandarin some day! It's so funny!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home