Ka.lei.do.scope

[k&-'lI-d&-"skOp]
Gk. kalos (beautiful) + eidos (form) + scopos (watcher)

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fresh from the Kiln (Again)!

After my hard work at the pottery studio from the past few months, I have made a grand total of 7 pots! Did my mass glazing session 2 weeks ago...


Glazing 7 pots at one go is no joke! Thank goodness I tried the dipping method for most of the pots... Otherwise I would probably have to camp overnight at the studio to brush the glaze on one by one...

Experimented with alot of dip and splash kind of pattern... Look super messy here...



Now the pots are out from the kiln... This is my favourite piece from the batch... Crackle white and green combination... A few other students saw the piece and commented that the glaze combination is nice! :)



I also like this texture pot which I dipped and splashed with a matt green/ light blue glaze... The form and texture look abit like pineapple... haha...





I glazed the 2 small round pots as a series with matt green/ brown/ blue glaze... not too bad...


This one shape a bit like bao...


And this one is a bit like man tou...


There are 2 other texture pots which didn't turn out as nice... I think the glaze is a bit too thin on this one...



And this one was the piece I used to try out the splashing technique... very earthy feel... but abit messy....


Did 2 taller vases after this batch of pots... The first one's profile is not very smooth... Could have been a bit more round at the bottom...



And this one is suppose to look like the shape of a tear drop after trimming the bottom...



Now I need more space to keep all these pots and vases...
==========================
p.s.: Went KTV with the girls from my JC class last night... Bad experience at Party World at Liang Court... Don't know why cigarette smell kept streaming in from the central aircon despite the many no smoking signs/ reminder on the screen... And when we complaint to the staff they were really bochup and rude! Really terrible! :( I think I will just go back to Kbox next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home