Ka.lei.do.scope

[k&-'lI-d&-"skOp]
Gk. kalos (beautiful) + eidos (form) + scopos (watcher)

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sawadeeka!!

I'm back from BKK! It's quite a fun trip and I feel that I haven't played enough!

Dragged myself out of bed at 5am on Sunday morning to catch the earliest flight to BKK... It's so freaking early that even the shops at the airport are not open yet...


This is the view from my seat on the plane... It reminds me of Yiwen!

Arrived in BKK on Sunday around 10am in the morning... To save taxi fare, I waited for M (my ex-colleague and the external trainer for this training) who took a slightly later flight to share cab with her... While waiting, I went to take a look around the BKK airport... I must say I am quite impressed by the airport... Must have been the newest in the region!


Was very bored while waiting but I found something interesting... The airport policemen have this yellow scooter to move around in the airport... Quite cool right? (Btw, I asked the policeman to let me take a picture of him and he was super shy about it... but I "forced" him to anyway... haha...)


When M finally arrived, we headed to Triple Two Hotel in Silom... A very nice boutique hotel and the room is really nice and cosy.... First, there is a walk-in wardrobe...


And there's the huge and comfy bed that I can roll all over and not fall off bed...


Cosy sofa to relax and watch TV...



A big desk for me to do my work... with free wireless internet access!


And now the bathroom... really huge....
This is not all... still got a standing shower...

Damn shiok right?

After settling down in the hotel, my colleague K from Taiwan arrived, so M, K and I went to somewhere near Siam Square for lunch... went to this little Thai restaurant which serves really yummy Thai food... we had mango salad, fried chicken, grill pork neck meat and soup... Full and satisfied, we went to Chatuchak for some shopping...

It was really crowded in the market... and it is so huge with so many things there! I bought some little boliao stuff, accessories and a bag...
This is what I saw on the way back to the skytrain station after shopping at Chatuchak... So many people and cars!!


This is the Tu-tuk that I didn't get to ride on....

And I love this shocking pink taxi!


After Chatuchak, we went back to the area around Siam Square... we shopped at MBK, this pretty big shopping mall...


Bought some snacks and stuff there and had dinner before heading back to hotel... Found this on my bed... how nice of the hotel!


Next two days were mainly spent on training... but still managed to squeeze out some time to go out and play! Went for Thai massage one night... the place is called Asia Herb Association near Emporium... 90min Thai massage for only 450 bahts in this nice spa place... damn shiok! The other night was spent on pedicure at MBK... Here it is...


Overall a short and fun trip! I wish I can have a longer break away from HK!

Now back to reality and work... Had a presentation for client this morning... Been worrying about this coz the results are not very favourable to client... but thank goodness they took it positively...

Tmr is Friday! Feel like such a short week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Not bad ah, flying to Bangkok in a ROLLS-ROYCE!


The picture of the policedude on the yellow scooter is a classic man. :D

11:26 PM  
Blogger XY said...

Yes I was really really bored and had nothing to do so I actually took that picture of the police... Damn boliao... hahaha...

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home