Ka.lei.do.scope

[k&-'lI-d&-"skOp]
Gk. kalos (beautiful) + eidos (form) + scopos (watcher)

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pottery Glazing Again

Finally got down to glazing my pieces since the last round in December... Glazed 5 pieces at one go!

My 田雞粥 pot is gonna be turquoise... I've added a waxy white glaze around the rim with dripping pattern (which actually started with the glaze accidentally dripped down the pot)...



The vase on the left is suppose to be greenish blue and brown... the round round pot has a white base with dark blue (which now appears to be brown) patterns...

These 2 pieces have the same textured amber brown base... The bowl on the right has a greenish body... can't quite remember what's the colour for the pot on the left... oatmeal or something like that...


Can't wait for the pieces to be out from the kiln!
P.s.: Small world - At the studio today, I saw my JC choir president (from my senior batch)... I only noticed him when he was about to leave, and I really wasn't quite sure if it's him (he used to wear spec but not anymore)... But well, I managed to confirm it's him when I saw his name in the attendance book... To my pleasant surprise, I also bumped into an ex-colleague from research agency who is now taking classes at the studio... Small world small world...

1 Comments:

Blogger orderin said...

I like that you have a designated pot for frog congee!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home