Ka.lei.do.scope

[k&-'lI-d&-"skOp]
Gk. kalos (beautiful) + eidos (form) + scopos (watcher)

Thursday, October 08, 2009

iPhone Craze

I've got a new toy! iPhone 3GS!!!


Been quite tempted to get an iPhone but it was out of stock since the iPhone 3GS launch. Also thought maybe I should just save some money. But just as the new stock arrives, I realized my old phone still has $200 trade-in value, and I also got a cash award of USD200 at work... So I thought maybe I should just top up a little bit to get the phone.

Anyway the stock came in yesterday and it was so freaking crowded at the Singtel shop. I went after work at 7.30pm to the outlet opposite my house. Queued 20 minutes to get the queue number. And then to my horror my queue number is 100+ away from the one being served at the moment. And I was told that it will take another 4 hours before I will be my turn!

Good that I chat up with the enquiry counter lady and she put me to SMS alert so I will be notified a while before my turn. Went for dinner and went home to slack. And then went back to Singtel shop around 11:30pm. Thank goodness it is super near my place...

If not because I am on corporate discount I would have just order my phone online. But then it was quite a funny experience to see so many people at Singtel shop in the middle of the night. when the staff was explaining the terms to me he sounded as though he said it a thousand time. He was just rattling away. Could tell his brain not working already. But he also said that he gets commission from the phone sales so I guess that's why they're willing to work late.

Having fun with my phone now... Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home