Ka.lei.do.scope

[k&-'lI-d&-"skOp]
Gk. kalos (beautiful) + eidos (form) + scopos (watcher)

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Work In Progress

For pottery class this week I glazed the first 4 bowls I've made... It's like painting lesson just that the paint doesn't come in the colour it is suppose to be after firing... So it's a bit of guessing when it comes to visualizing the final output...

Anyway, here are the bowls after glazing and before firing...



At the bottom left hand corner is the small bowl I made in either my first or second class (can't remember)... It should turn out with dark blue and the bottom and milky blue on top, with some blue and green glass beads melted to form the interior bottom...

The ones at the top left hand corner and bottom right hand corner are painted with green base layer... the top left hand corner one has white glaze layered over while the bottom right one have a rim of pearly white (which I hope will melt to give the drip over effect)...

Finally the one at the top right hand corner is white in colour with specks with brown... the outside bottom area is layered over with an oatmeal colour...

Excited to see the final product after firing!!

Beginning to have lots of ideas about the pieces that I wanna make but I won't have pottery class for the next 3 weeks!! The studio will be closed for my shi fu's year end break so I won't get to work on my new piece (which should be a cycliner/ vase) in January...

==================================

同場加映:

Had this very nice mee sua at Kembangan today... If I remember correctly the shop is called Seng Kee... Its famous pig kidney mee sua is really very good! The soup has very rich flavour and the pig kidney is very tender... The best part is that the mee sua is cooked just right (not the usual overcooked one which breaks when you pick it up with chopsticks)... Yummy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home