Ka.lei.do.scope

[k&-'lI-d&-"skOp]
Gk. kalos (beautiful) + eidos (form) + scopos (watcher)

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yum SG

K, my ex-colleague (and my favourite senior) from HK, is in town for a 3-month assignment, so I've been bringing her out every other week... Been to 2 fabulous makan places so far...

First Thai Food

Went there with K 2 weeks ago... It's a little shop house at the end of Purvis Street that serves really good thai food... We had a very satisfying meal with papaya salad, tom yam soup, veggie omelette and olive rice... every thing was quite nicely done... Too bad we forgot to take photo (we were too excited over the food that we forgot)...

Khansama Tandoori Restaurant

Brought K to Little India today and had dinner at Khansama... They have a really thick menu and we had a hard time deciding what to eat... the boss was really nice and patient when giving us recommendation and introducing the dishes to us... Here is what we had (we remember to take photo this time)...
First is Aloo Tikki... this is a really yummy starter - mashed potato patty filled with cottage cheese, green peas and gram daal, served with mint sauce, tamarind sauce and yogurt... I think this is the dish that K and I like the most...

Next up, Aloo Jeera (dice potato with cumin seeds and other spices)...
And we have peas cooked in a spicy sauce (on the left) and cottage cheese cooked with spinach (on the right)... the boss came around after serving the dishes and we told him that the peas dish wasn't as spicy as we expected to be... He immediately took it back to the kitchen and told the chef to make it more spicy... we were really surprised and more than pleased by his gesture...

We had naan to go along with the dishes... We both like the naan here... crispy and not too thick...

After the food, I had my masala tea while K was adventurous enough to try the Jal Jeera... which is a drink made of lime juice, mint, cumin powder, tamarind, salt and sugar... The colour is quite scary... The taste was not too bad but it was a tad too sour and spicy...

Oveall, another satisfying meal.... totally worth the effort of getting past nearly a thousand people in crowded Little India to get to the restaurant...

Brought K to Mustafa after dinner and she is so amazed by the array of goods there... and I found my St Ives shower gel!! I brought it in Watsons in Malaysia before and fell in love with it but I couldn't find it in Singapore... So happy to find it in Mustafa...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home