Pot, Pot and More Pot
Here are some pots fresh out of the kiln...
This oatmeal/ amber brown piece is pretty okay... should have layered more brown over oatmeal for better layering effect...
My turquoise 田雞粥 pot turned out more greenish than turquoise... And the waxy white glaze ended up more like clear glaze... But still okay I guess...
Okay now this is the disastrous piece... the brown I used for the bottom is totally the wrong brown (matt instead of shiny, and not dark/ dull enough to match the glaze on top)... And the bottom of the piece is too thin and ended up with a crack after firing... I think can say bye bye to this piece already....
Made a round round pot last week... Looks pretty fine after trimming...
Made 2 more pots today... One similar to the round pot last week, but smaller...
And also made this pot with a smaller opening... Quite tedious... Was super frustrated getting the mouth done... What a test of patience... But thank goodness the pot turned out quite nice... I like it!
-----------------------------------------------
Almost got into a car accident the other day... My colleague drove me to Tampines Mall for lunch and as we were turning in to the small road leading to the mall, there was a lorry on the inner most lane (turn left only) and we were on the second lane (turn left or go straight)... Then the Bangla driver of the lorry decided to go straight (on the turn left only lane) as we were also trying to turn left... We almost banged into the lorry and I (sitting next to the driver seat) was just inches from the lorry... @#$%^&*... If we really banged into the lorry (choy!) I would probably be first to kena... Thank goodness nothing bad happened...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home