下一站 , 香港... (Part II)
Things are more firmed up now. My new company has arranged for my flight and temporary accomodation. And they will take care of the moving of my personal stuff. What else can I ask for?
Meanwhile, 5 lessons learnt since I have decided to leave:
- Your true friends will be happy and supportive of whatever decision you make in life. But, afterall, they are human. You have to manage their emotions. It's not their fault to keep saying that they will miss you and all. Leaving home means you have to be stronger emotionally, to manage both your own emotion and that of others.
- Your false friends will also appear to be happy for you and say they will miss you. You have to be discerning of what's real and what's fake. Don't fall into the trap of emotional assault and let them have the chance to make use of you one last time.
- Leaving home and being independent also means that you have to be financially independent. Not that I haven't been since I started work, but it's the first time I really feel the need to count every cent. Just in case.
- The world doesn't stop spinning without you. No one is irreplaceable in any organization. People can say all they want to say, but once you have left, someone will take over your portfolio, and you will soon be forgotten.
- Your family is really what you can rely on in time of need. No doubt about that.
That's all for now... A good start nonetheless... At least I am learning new things...

1 Comments:
Just read your blog..others may forget you, but u know wad? people like US won't.. just like we've never forgotten about gabriel either.
you'll always be a part of my life here in RP, even if i move on from here... baby loves mummy! =)
Post a Comment
<< Home