Ka.lei.do.scope

[k&-'lI-d&-"skOp]
Gk. kalos (beautiful) + eidos (form) + scopos (watcher)

Sunday, October 01, 2006

APM

Long weekend... Slept so much! Woke up at 11 this morning... :)

Thought I should go shopping somewhere before going cell group in the evening... so I decided to got to Kwun Tong (觀塘), which is further east in Kowloon...

Before setting off to Kwun Tong, I went to a nearby Shanghaiese eatery called 真真 that sells soya bean milk and stuff... as soon as I sat down, I noticed a photo of 薛家燕 aka 好姨 (you should know who she is if you watched 真情 the HK drama series) taken in the store... ordered for myself 咸豆漿 which has got a lot of 油條 (or 油炸鬼 as what it is called in HK), 酸菜 and spring onion in it...


I've also ordered this thing called 餈飯... it's this glutinous rice ball with pork floss, 酸菜 and 油炸鬼 in it... quite special but I find it a little too big... if you eat one, you can't really eat anything else...


The bus ride to Kwun Tung was pretty long coz the traffic was pretty bad... think that the whole world is out coz it's long weekend... but it was pretty worth it coz APM is really a nice shopping mall... some quick background - the concept behind APM is "am + pm"... shopping and have fun all day and night...

Pretty huge huh? Targeted at the youngsters and young working adult, it has got a selection of stores that sell clothes, accessories and cosmetic... All very nice and trendy... I got myself a bag and L'Occitane rose solid perfume there...

APM also has a huge food court that sells all kinds of food... there's even a store that sells Singaporean food like laksa and chicken rice! Didn't try it (not after the 咸豆漿 and 餈飯) but maybe will come back and try one day...

There's also a Jusco supermarket there... it's very very huge and also sells alot of yummy looking food from sushi to 燒臘 to bread... Thank God it's not opposite my place, else I'll really get fat!

Went for cell group after that... today I joined the bilingual group and they are really a fun bunch... laughed so much during the discussion... and realise that there's a quiz 2 weeks down the road! Must mug ah... haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home