A Promise Sealed
It looks like newspaper... trust a comm studies grad to come up with such an idea... apart from the order of service and the lyrics to the worship songs, this "newspaper" (called "The S.C. & Yas Times - Most Wonderful Times You'll Ever Get") has the story of how they got together, how S.C. proposed to her, and something that they wrote for each other... I thought that's really sweet!
She had this quote from Thronton Wilder that I really like...
"I didn't marry you because you were perfect. I didn't marry you because I loved you. I married you because you gave me a promise. That promise made up for your faults. And the promise made up for mine. Two imperfect people got married and it was the promise that made the marriage. And when our children were growing up, it wasn't a house that protected them; and it wasn't our love that protected them - it was that promise."
And I thought there's a lot of truth in what S.C. wrote and he said that from the beginning of their relationship, they have decided that "a couple in a relationship should be growing in love and not just falling in love"...
And in another part he wrote "Love is as much a question of the will as it is of the emotion. And my love for you encompasses both." How true for the first half and how sweet for the latter... Aww...
I like it that they really made it a point to place God in the centre of their wedding... They quoted from the Bible in 1 John 4:19 "We love because He first loved us" as the main verse. It's not a standard wedding verse but I though it's really suitable and appropriate.
Feel really happy for the two of them but more than that, I feel really blessed by just being there today to witness it all...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home