My Territory!
If you haven't already know, I stay in this part of Kowloon called Hung Hom (紅磡). It's in the east of the famous Tsim Sha Tsui (尖沙嘴) and 15 min away from my workplace at Causeway Bay (銅鑼灣) via the Cross Harbour Tunnel.
I'm living in the older area of the estate, but if I take a mini van, the new estate called Whompoa Garden (黃埔花園) is just 5 min away.
Whompoa Garden, or what the developer calls 黃埔新天地. Went there this morning to go to the bank (since the brance near my place no longer open on Saturdays).
The place is famous for "The Whompoa" (黃埔號)...


Guess what it is? It's a shopping mall! Bulk of it is taken up by a departmental store called Jusco.
Cool huh?
There's alot of other things in that area... from fashion (Espirit, Giordano) to fitness centre (California Fitness) to restaurants (Outback, Maxim) to furnitures and electrical appliances... you name it, they have it... Bought myself a pair of jeans and a cardigan there...
Another attraction in the area is the Whompoa Gourmet Place, or more commonly known as 蔡瀾美食坊. 
蔡瀾 is an author known for his writing on good food. So things here are supposed to be good.
After that, I took a walk to the Hung Hom Ferry Terminal down the road.

From there, you can see the HK Island...

OK... weather is not fantastic today... in fact it rained soon after and they put up the yellow storm signal (which explains why I am at home now)...
From there you can also see this office building/hotel...

Guess what it is called?
One Harbourfront... Hahaha...
Wanted to go home after that... but as usual, I took the wrong van... and I landed up at Hung Hom Railway Station and have to walked home instead... but since I was ther, I took some pics to show you all...
There's a quite new shopping mall next to it, called the Metropolis...

Nothing exciting inside, really. It's new, and so it the apartment above it. And since it's open for viewing now, there are soooo many real estate agents at the entrance inviting you to look at the showflat... super irritating!
Another side of the railway station is the Hong Kong Coliseum, or better known as 紅磡體育館. It is where all the well known singers have their concerts...

That's about it for now... Rainy weather... best to stay home watch tv and sleep... *yawn*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home